September 30, 2007

The topic of my discussion.... Books you say?

Well... it has come to my attention that I!! Yes.. I!!! Seldom flip open a fiction book. Now.... is this an issue? According to my primary teachers........ "Books are our friends" and according to Shorty from Scary Movie 2, "I've learned the value of books!!! Free paper!!" followed by a hideous laughter.

Well... Books have never been my daily entertainment. It's more of a chore I have to do. Especially for highschool. BOOK REPORTS!!! Man.. oh man! Made me feel like a kid to write up 200 words of how I felt after reading the book... "I felt okay... could go for some BK... ummm... i mean.... because... Fred was a... umm.... orphan... with... no money!! Yea.. so no food and it made me feel lucky that we have food presented to us in such a manner. This did not impact me too much at the beginning to think about Fred as a poor orphan. But later on in the book when he was living on the streets and dealing with hardship... he died due to starvation. That also made me sad."

YEA!! I don't even remember reading a book about a boring character name Fred! HONESTLY! In our little group, we very very very rarely discuss about books. Some of my other friends says that I should read this and that cause in some way they think I'd actually seek it out. Humm... I do agree that books might be healthy for the mind, but I'm perfectly fine!!!! *gulps a cocktail of pills*

2 comments:

Raging Bull said...

we read each others blogs.. theyre kinda like books...

i think book s are more for those who make spelling mistakes...

JAS 35C Gripen Pilot said...

Lol, reading blogs is not quite the same thing as giving your mind an exercise such as reading a book is...amirite?