October 12, 2007

Assumptions.

I've been taught never to assume anything. But I do it very very VERY often. I exercise my ability to assume all the time. I assume that the bus will arrive maybe in 4 min? I assume that people know how to walk on their two legs. I assume that if I give you a simple task, you'll do it.
Now...
If you're reading this, you would've already said "hahaha, AS IF!" and now i'm assuming that you're naming names of people who you can't trust to do simple things. Hold on for a few moments. Why not assume that they won't do the work? Woah!!! hold on there panny boy. People don't like a control freak!! But wait. If you do want a job done you gotta do it yourself right? Hummm....
All these sayings... and none of them can be applied. I'll talk about character development in a later post.

Bottom line is, you should never assume people to do their work. Maybe construct that bridge of yours a little over towards their side, just in case they don't live up to your expectations.

On a foot note. The recent poems are just what I've been pondering upon. May not exactly reflect directly, but I'm not weeping or anything. Not about to cut myself open. Putting words elegantly into a poem takes time and thought. Should give it a try sometime yourself.

No comments: